peon-why



To my dear sweet peony,

Not a second goes by when my thoughts aren't on you. We have spent many novembers together, even sometimes decembers. And when you pop in through the year as a surprise. Oh! You are my delight. 
I love your shades of baby pink, fluffy white, your coral...even your burning purple. 
No day is ever the same with you. One minute you are closed, and the next you are full of life and ready for anything. I could watch you for hours.

However, I feel like something has changed. 
Quite frankly, I think you have turned into a bit of a hussy. Im always seeing you out and about in the arms of other girls, sitting on window ledges and hanging out in every shop, cafe, and public toilet. You are clogging up my instagram feed with jealousy. You are always trying to out do fellow flowers. Opening bigger and better than the humble blooms... never sharing the limelight. But you know what? 
I don't even think you smell good. There, I said it.

I know the whole world wants you. Have you no self control? Peon-why can't you just be mine?


Not so lovingly yours,

The Flower Drum

Comments

  1. Now that you don't pop up in a store near me, I have taken to stalking your blog...
    I was talking to Dee on Sunday, and she said she was really pleased with what you created for them. She said she spoke to 3 other florists and none of them would do what she wanted. She loved that you hate foliage too. :) She said that she's planning to talk to you about some of the other (big) events that the church does throughout the year.
    Go you for being rad!
    PS: I still love the Flower Bomb the Movie movie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. holly hipwell - where oh where is your dress from!? i love it almost as much as peonies (a LOT)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These pictures are beautiful. I am loving it. Funeral Tributes

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel the same way about peonies, it's like they are cheating on me with every other lady at their wedding/birthday/fancy dinner party. Lucky there are other amazing blooms about :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I encounter the same way about peonies, it's like they are cheating on me with every other lady at their wedding/birthday/fancy dinner party. Lucky there are other amazing blossoms about

    Flowers in Folsom, CA
     Folsom florist
    Folsom flower delivery

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was just thinking this morning that I miss peonies sooo much! January in Canada can be depressing. I want to walk down the sidewalks and see peonies (and dahlias and roses...)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nyce dress .. With Beautiful Roses :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts